What is Egmont Group
Egmont Group is an international organisation which facilitates and prompts a secure medium of exchange of information, expertise, financial intelligence and cooperation amongst member FIUs to combat money laundering, terrorist financing, and associated predicate crimes.
Egmont Group Responsibilities
- It helps countries develop their national anti-money laundering systems.
- It cannot take disciplinary action, however it enhances the working of Financial Intelligence Units.
Egmont Group Publications
- Egmont Group Charter
- Egmont Group of Financial Intelligence Units Principles for Information Exchange Between Financial Intelligence Units
- Egmont Group of Financial Intelligence Units Support and Compliance Process
- Egmont Group of Financial Intelligence Units Operational Guidance for FIU Activities and the Exchange of Information
- Strategic Plan 2022–2027
- Public Summary Counter-Terrorist Financing Project Lone Actors and Small Cells
Full archive of published reports can be accessed here.
The organisation provides a map of all member FIUs that can be accessed here.
Egmont Group Updates
The Group does not provide a newsletter, however it has a dedicated page to News and Events.
Sign up for a free Coinfirm Academy course and get certified
Find out which institutions stand at the basis of the regulatory framework for financial markets, be it fiat or crypto, reports issued and how their work interlocks.